Tuesday, March 22, 2011

SPRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 20th marked the vernal equinox, and no one is more appreciative of this than us parents who have been cooped up in the house for the past 4 months with our bursting-with-energy little ones. Spring brings fresh air, green grass, and plently of opportunities to enjoy the pre-summer, and eventually summer weather. Here are some of my fave things to do.

Walks-Usually, my son hates being strapped in his car seat or in a grocery cart. But the minute I strap him into that stroller and let the wind breeze through his hair, he's in Heaven. And, it's a good way for you to get some exercise. I like going for long walks, especially in the evening, and just let the cool air melt our worries away. Not that the baby has any worries, but it certainly helps me.

Park-This can be incorporated in with your walk. Especially when it is not too hot out, the park is AWESOME. You get to relax and enjoy the fresh air, and your little ones can scream and run around and jump everywhere and not break anything or wake up the neighbors.

Lake-I love going to the lake. I like to close my eyes, sink my toes into the sand, and pretend I'm in Florida. Although I don't recommend closing your eyes unless you have someone with you to watch the kids. I would definitely be a lot more weary of going to the lake if I had more than one kid to look after.

Backyard-It's free, you don't have to drive anywhere, and when you're ready to leave, you just open your door. Also in your backyard, you can also have a bonfire or a cook out. Both of those things are great. But obviously, stay safe.

Kiddie Pool!!! I don't care how old I am, on a 90 degree day, nothing feels better for a poor person who can't afford a real pool, than to sit in a shallow, dirty piece of plastic getting jumped on by kids. I love summer!

Thinking about these things is really making me long for summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment