Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Kids and Technologies

It's scary. My not even two year old knows how to: Turn on the TV (with or without the remote) turn off the computer, use a mouse, bang on the keyboard, and open my cell phone and pretend to talk on it. My mom can't even do all of those things effectively.


photo.php.jpg
"Playing" XBOX at 9 months old

I bounce back and forth between all this technology being good and bad for young children. Maybe if I make a list of the pros and cons, I can make a decision. Probably not, but we'll see.



***DISCLAIMER***

These pros and cons are strictly opinion based, as I don't feel the need to do scientific research. I have a kid, I know it all, so there. (This is not my journalistic ethic, for any who may be wondering. I just feel as though a blog should be a place where I can write freely and honestly.)

PROS

More information=more knowledge. Although much of the knowledge acquired on the internet is useless trivia, there is definitely more information available to us at the click of a button. I suppose this could be a pro or con.

CONS

Obviously, lack of exercise and lack of face to face communication are big problems.

These lists will be updated and added to weekly.

No comments:

Post a Comment