I have problems with my weight for a while now. I mean, I'm not like, super morbid obese or anything, but I definitely have some poundage to shed. I was relatively thin before I got pregnant, and I'm sure you've heard this a million times, but I went from 150 to 220 in 9 months. I gained 70 pounds. To this day, I find it unbelievable. What I find even more unbelievable is the fact that I now weigh 180 lbs. I had a hard enough time staying thin before the baby, when he came, it totally got put on the back burner. I have had spurts where I was eating healthy and working out, but it just didn't last. My previous dieting technique was to not necessarily starve myself, but certainly not eat enough to satisfy my hunger.
Previously, I vowed to myself that I would never, ever, ever do the Atkins Diet. Any diet where you could eat mounds of bacon really seemed like a crock to me. Most people know how it works. You don't eat carbs, you eat a crap-ton of protein, and you lose weight like a mad person.
I will say right now that I am very easily persuaded, which I suppose is a good thing for a person wanting to go on a diet. I read several chapters of the Atkins Diet book, and was convinced that it was the diet for me. I am blessed to actually like vegetables, which are the staple food for the Atkins Diet.
I am in the very early stages now, this is like, my second day. I know this blog is primarily about raising children, but since the class I am writing it for is nearing the end of the semester, I am deciding to switch gears a little bit. I may make this a diary of sorts. How to combat weight loss, while still caring for your children and live a normal life. We'll see how it goes. I am really anxious to lose weight and feel better about myself. I want more energy to play with my son, I want to be less irritable, I want to be thin again, darnit! Just because I had a baby doesn't mean I am doomed to a life of out-of-shapeness. I am determined. This time, I mean it!
Sam I love your blog. I see a lot of myself in your writing, sans cutie patootie Jude. I think it's so important to show that you love your son but you also still love yourself and take time to think about your needs and wants post pregnancy.
ReplyDeleteThis blog has been great to read - not only as your teacher, but as an expectant mom. You have a great voice throughout. And even though the topic matter changed slightly as time passed, the constant core was your great insights and strong writing ability. I hope you keep it up!
ReplyDeleteThis has been interesting to read. I don't plan to use your advice for quite some time, but it's a good blog, nonetheless.
ReplyDelete